Blog
Chudah"s Corner

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Boy, do I miss being able to see

Pardon me as I lean into my monitor while I type this. I couldn't find my glasses yesterday morning - I always leave them in one of three or so places before I go to bed, and if they're not in one of those spots when I wake up, they're as lost as can be. Going onto my third day without glasses now, and I can tell my eyes are tired of not being able to focus. It doesn't really hamper my ability to get around all that much, but trying to read anything a professor writes on a chalkboard is much tougher work than it should be.

Anyways, to cut to the chase this time, I'm gonna link you all to an AMV. (EDIT: That's "anime music video" for those of you who don't dabble in the same spheres of nerdery that I do) Most of you probably don't know this, but AMVs have been a hobby of mine for about four years now. Over this time, I've noticed that the amount of overlap between this hobby and video game music is pretty rare. Other than the occasional Final Fantasy vocal song (ugh), VGM just doesn't find its way into AMVs too often. Probably because VGM is kind of a niche to begin with, so making a cross-product with another niche hobby isn't gonna get you much, period.

Anyways, you can find the video here.* The music featured is Battle Hymn of the Soul from the Persona 3 soundtrack (or so I'm told, as I don't follow Persona music), and the featured video source is one of the .hack games (which I also don't follow for reasons I alluded to in my previous post). Unless I'm missing something due to not having played the games, it's nothing incredibly deep, just a straightforward action video. It's not legendary material by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a worthwhile watch and might strike home for those of you particularly attached to either source.

Besides, I always feel obligated to educate the audience whose only AMV experience is the trash that so pervasively litters YouTube.

On a slightly related and more personal note, I think I may have an idea for a video involving the Secret of Evermore soundtrack. But I'll keep that one under wraps for now.

* If you have trouble figuring out how to get the video, just scroll down to where it says "DIRECT" in big green letters and click to download.

No comments: